Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.


(5 Posts)
hifi Mon 19-Sep-11 16:49:03

on behalf of my sister, she has had swelling underneath her arm and on top of h er breast. cancer has been ruled out. has had swelling drained twice but its still getting bigger. GP has said theres no cure,has to keep having it drained, they say its all to do with her lymphatic drainage system.what kind of medicine would i need to look at to find her a consultant? tia

hifi Mon 19-Sep-11 18:15:56


Footle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:52:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

copycat Mon 19-Sep-11 21:23:02

Yes as Footle suggests your sister might benefit from seeing a therapist who specialises in MLD Manual Lymphatic Drainage; she will then be able to practise some techniques herself. I believe there is also some speculation that a particular diet may help those with lymphatic problems. Would your sister's GP consider referring her to her nearest lymphoedema clinic for advice. I do not have lymphoedema but I am seen regularly at the lymphoedema clinic for another vascular condition (which has potential to develop into lymphoedema at some point) so this may be an option if she wishes to pursue it.

hifi Tue 20-Sep-11 08:20:35

thank you, have seen the lymphoedema clinics,mainly based in hospices,will give them a call.thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now