Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anaemia / Lack of motivation can anyone help?

(7 Posts)
LittleMissProcrastinator Mon 19-Sep-11 14:13:55

As the title says really. I have anaemia and feel unmotivated so I'm wondering will the lack of motivation be a problem until the anaemia gets better?
I am on iron tablets.

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Mon 19-Sep-11 14:17:46

Yes, everything feels much harder when you're anaemic, I lost all motivation.
Do you get very breathless too? Makes even the hoovering seem like a major mission!

Hopefully you'll perk up soon smile

LittleMissProcrastinator Mon 19-Sep-11 14:25:11

Sometimes I get a bit out of breath, but that's mainly if I try and do too much or say if I had a lot of walking to do. It's very frustrating because my mind thinks of all these jobs I could do but my body doesn't (or can't) keep up.
I had a bit of a scare the other night cause I felt faint and got the shakes.
It's no fun, is it.

Iamseeingstars Mon 19-Sep-11 22:28:08

I dont know but I wish I could find a cure. I am extremely aneamic and keep having blood transfusions but they are not helping any more and I am a wreck.

You probably need to go back to the doctor and let him know your symptons. Did you get blood tests done to identify the type of anaemia or have you self-diagnosed?

I just saw another post where someone had an iron infusion, maybe this could be a solution (but doctor would have to sort it).

Dont ignore it.

HerbWoman Tue 20-Sep-11 00:00:15

Do you know why you are anaemic?

LittleMissProcrastinator Tue 20-Sep-11 06:40:53

I had blood tests done by doctor so it wasn't a self diagnosis.
I have two young dc to look after so I think the doctor would only let me have infusion as a last resort and if my anaemia was worse than it is. ( I'm also not keen on the idea.)
They think it could be down to heavy periods but it's a bit of a guessing game really.
Iamseeingstars What are you going to do next then if the transfusions don't help? Do you know what causes your anaemia?

HerbWoman Tue 20-Sep-11 09:36:45

My anaemia turned out to be due to coeliac but we only found this out after years of taking iron tablets and my body not absorbing them properly. We had put it down to heavy periods. After more than 12 years I eventually had about 6 weeks with diarrhoea which triggered a different doctor to suggest testing for coeliac which came back positive. I keep popping up on the boards all over the place suggesting this or that could be coeliac but only a small proportion of the people who have it have been diagnosed as symptoms don't always include digestive upsets.

Hope you can find out what is causing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now