Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My feet stink!!!

(5 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Mon 19-Sep-11 14:05:29

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. Or whether I should be posting it at all, its probably not the kind of information people want to know. Although you can probably smell them from wherever you are anyway.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone has any ideas/products which will help sort the problem. Whatever shoes I wear always end up smelly. My favourite comfortable sandals are the worst - I can smell them now. With closed in shoes I've put odour-eating insoles inside, but that wouldn't work for open toe shoes as you'd be able to see the insole. I've also tried putting talcum powder on my feet and in the shoes, which works temporarily (although does make me emit a cloud of smoke from my feet when I start walking) but by half way through the day it has worn off and I can smell my own feet again.

Feeling embarrassed by it now - the shoes I'm wearing now are only a month or two old but they just reek. blush

Any ideas???

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Mon 19-Sep-11 14:39:01

wash them with proper soap as I am sure that these nice & kind to the skin shower gels do not clean the bacteria off properly

Dh has some of that antibacterial foot spray stuff from scholl & that is quite effective

Have also found that soaking feet in a bowl of warm water with pure tea tree oil very good as that has antibacterial properties

Make sure you only wear leather shoes

& see your gp as am sure that I heard somewhere if all else fails there is treatment for this as it is a genuine condition that can be treated

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 19-Sep-11 14:43:45

I used to suffer from this. My feet were the same as yours if not worse.
I saw my GP about it, he offered to refer me for a sympathectomy (cutting the sympathetic nerves to the feet, not the ones that make you walk). I declined.
He then advised me to put a couple of grains or spoonfulls, can't remember it was about 12 years ago, of pottasium permanganate in a bowel with a small amount of water in it and soaking my feet.
I did, I ended up with dark brown soles and smelly feet. I think what cured mine was 8 years of wearing sandals only and several course of anti fungal drugs for my toenails.

HattiFattner Mon 19-Sep-11 14:44:00

white wine vinegar. Assuming you have no open wounds on your feet at the moment, soak your tooties for 15/20 minutes in white wine vinegar.

It does work!

Also good for doing your shoes - soak, hang out to dry.

Kills all the smelly feet bacteria

nothruroad Mon 19-Sep-11 18:28:45

Pitrock spray deodorant is good. It inhibits the growth of the bacteria that cause the smell (or something like that!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now