Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Maybe a very silly question but... Coil, constipation and Fenton's???

(6 Posts)
membershipcard Sun 18-Sep-11 17:45:08

6 days ago I had a d and c, had a mirena coil put in and had a Fenton's procedure all done under GA

By Friday I had the most horrendous constipation. Lots and lots of involuntary straining later I have a lot of pain, and piles.

Silly question ... Could the straining have dislodged the coil? sad
what could the pain be?
Stitches don't look infected, but don't appear have started to dissolve.

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Sun 18-Sep-11 17:48:53

You won't dislodge the coil straining, but you don't want to be straining after that op - are you going ok now? the painkillers plus the surgery can really slow down your bowels - dried apricots, apple juice, dates, lots of fibre and fluids. Lactulose from chemist to soften things. Anusol HC fab for piles.

'Dissolvable' stitches often take ages to come away, is normal.

membershipcard Sun 18-Sep-11 18:22:01

Thanks MMWA, yes going normally now thanks to those foods you mentioned plus Movicol.

I am using Procofoam for the piles, works like magic, very little pain there now.

The pain is where the stitches are and internally, still lots of bruising. But it seems to be getting more painful everyday not less. sad

membershipcard Mon 19-Sep-11 20:34:58

GP has decided that the stitches are infected( he didn't look) so I have anti-biotics

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Mon 19-Sep-11 20:39:47

Gosh he must be very clever to know without looking hmm He didn't even swab it? must not tut about drs just because I'm a nurse

membershipcard Mon 19-Sep-11 21:00:42

No, no swab taken!
He just said infections are v common after Fenton's and some consultants prescribe anti-biotics routinely! he said he didn't need to look as I am returning to hospital on wednesday and consultant would examine me then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now