Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nelson's Teetha any good for a teething 12 week old?

(7 Posts)
RachelMary Sat 17-Sep-11 20:08:14

Hi, My DS is 12 weeks old and teething. He gets distressed when B feeding, drooling, chewing hands etc. He doesn't have a temp however. I am worried about his feeding being affected up until now he has been a really guzzler - I bought some Nelson's Teetha powders today but not sure if they are any good for such a young babe. He is also on Colief for colic... anyone had similar experiences?

Footle Mon 19-Sep-11 13:58:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ppeatfruit Mon 19-Sep-11 15:23:44

yes i've had experience of these and they're worth trying IMO and E I also gave a drop of weak camomile tea by spoon or bath the baby with a couple of drops of essential oil of camomile (if you're feeling rich) if not drops of tea would be okay in the water.

ppeatfruit Mon 19-Sep-11 15:31:10

He could also be hungry for something more than breast milk. i know the prevailing fashion was only BF till 6 months but the researchers are now saying that's for the third world countries where the water is not clean.

BikeRunSki Mon 19-Sep-11 15:38:32

Teetha powders worked like magic on my DS, who was teething from about 12 weeks too (no actual teeth until a week before his first birthday mind).

5littleducks Mon 19-Sep-11 18:09:01

Sounds to me like he is teething - I would try the teething powders. I found that they calmed my DS down if nothing else. My DS was an early teether too. Have you given him a dose of calpol to see if that helps him? I agree its worth taking him to the doctor to rule anything else out.

He does not need anything other than your breastmilk - they are definitely not signs that he is ready for weaning and 12 weeks would be ridiculously early to wean a baby where it was not advised for other reasons.

RachelMary Thu 22-Sep-11 18:17:33

Thanks ... I have booked an appointment with the doctor. I gave him some calpol last night as he was in pain when feeding... it did help. I've not tried the powders yet as it mentioned lactose intolerance on the packet... I don;t know if DS is so not sure whether to try them or not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now