Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Week-long headache

(2 Posts)
bigfatgypsy Sat 17-Sep-11 15:18:08

I posted the other day about hormonal migraines and have booked a drs appt for next week. However it's been over a week now (af started 2 days ago) and I still can't shift this headache. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to get rid of it? Its not been constant, and some days it's more of a bad headache than an actual migraine but other days I just can't do anything.

Usually it lasts a few days before af and then goes when af starts but it's lasted much longer this time. I have taken various painkillers but I'm wary of taking too many now and none of them seem to be working anyway. Any advice to get through the weekend?

RightUpMyRue Sat 17-Sep-11 17:44:08

Have you tried sumatriptan? It's changed my life. I suffer from frequent migraines, at least one a week, and really couldn't live a normal life without this drug. Ask your GP for a prescrition.

I think it was last year they started selling it over the counter. You have to have consultation with the pharmicist and you can't take it if you've heart or liver problems but if you can get out to the chemist I well recommend it. It's not cheap at about £8 for two pills but if it's bad enough and I have no prescription left I'll gladly pay £8 to get rid of a bad head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now