Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is going on in my stomach?

(6 Posts)
booyhoo Fri 16-Sep-11 11:33:50

since about 11am on saturday i have been getting painful cramps in my stomach. i would describ it as the pains i get if i had a tummy bug and was about to vomit. all daysaturday i was expectingto come down with a bug but nothinghas happened an i am still getting these pains. i have been eating normally, no vomitting or diarrohea. pains are on and off throughout the day, even waking me at night. i'm not ringing the GP because they have a ridiculous system whereby i would have to wait another week for the appointment an the pains aren't preventing my go about my normal life. they are at times very sore and i have to stop what iamdoing but other times they are milder.

any ideas?

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 16-Sep-11 11:48:48

It cold be irritable bowel syndrome,that can cause really painful cramps.I would make an appointment anyway & amke a note of what your eating as some foods can trigger it along with stress ect

booyhoo Fri 16-Sep-11 11:59:25

the pains are higher up though, in my stomach. wouldn't IBS affect lower down?

will start keeping note of what i am eating and make appt though.

GloriaVanderbilt Sat 17-Sep-11 20:09:37

I wonder about your gallbladder, it's the right area. How are you feeling now?

booyhoo Sun 18-Sep-11 13:10:46

still the same gloria, no different from when i posted. ihave to wait until 9.30 tomorrow morning before i can ring for an appointment.

HaveALittleFaithBaby Sun 18-Sep-11 19:06:19

I'd put my money on gall bladder too. Take regular painkillers til you can get medical advice. If it gets worse, seek medical attention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now