Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help - have AF and have just passed what looked like a sizeable piece of my womb lining...look away now if squeamish

(3 Posts)
Maisiethemorningsidecat Tue 13-Sep-11 21:46:11

Very worried, hope someone can help before I make a tit of myself and phone NHS24. Got period tonight, bad cramping, then passed this enormous (2" by 1" at least) piece of flesh that looks like internal skin if that makes sense - not clot. Cramping now stopped. Not massively heavy bleeding. Make an appointment to go and see GP tomorrow after work enough?

KashaUK Tue 13-Sep-11 21:57:01

Don't worry about making a tit of yourself by calling NHS24 - although they do occasionally play on the safe side and may suggest you go to A&E, I think possibly a trip to your GP tomorrow would be okay...BUT if the pain gets worse don't go to work or wait to see your GP, get to A&E or a walk-in centre.

Is pregnancy a possibility?
If so, I'd also suggest A&E or a walk-in centre.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Tue 13-Sep-11 22:01:27

Thanks Kasha - def. not pregnant, DH had a vasectomy 4 years ago and I went on the pill 4 weeks ago for heavy, erratic periods. I've now done a bit of googling and it doesn't seem uncommon esp. in women who are on the pill because the lining hasn't shed properly.

Will def. head to A&E if the pain/bleeding gets worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now