Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Things you can do/take/cut out to give yourself more energy

(10 Posts)
BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 16:07:19

I had a cold a month ago and feel it hasn't quite left me. Have no energy. Feeling 'liverish.'

So, number one is 'no alcohol for a while' but I wondered what you do and does it work?

'Some exercise' would probably be good but I am so lacking in energy I can't contemplate it for a couple of days.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 16:09:18

The no booze thing definitely works

What's your diet like? If I eat too much stodgy crap I feel rubbish and have no energy.

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 16:30:24

Diet is good
Could be better

1. No booze
2. Some exercise
3. No stodge

Any more?

JennyPiccolo Mon 12-Sep-11 16:32:46

Are you getting enough iron? That can make a big difference to your energy levels

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 16:37:45

V good point. Probably not. I forget to take it.

KurriKurri Mon 12-Sep-11 16:45:06

No booze
Cut down on caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, coke etc.) - especially near bedtime.
Go to bed early to give yourself time to be really rested and relaxed, so you sleep more easily
A walk every day.
Plenty of fresh fruit
Plenty of water
Pace yourself, - don't try to do to much, so if you were doing housework say, do 15 -20 mins, then sit down and have a rest, then you'll be able to do a bit more. You can gradually increase your active time as you start feeling better. You need to balance your periods of rest and activity.

Rest before you are exhausted, - replenish your energy bank by constant top ups, don't let it reach empty.

delegate any jobs you don't have to do.

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 17:39:27

Good advice.

I feel like a good detox would help, but that's guff, surely? I don't think I could give up caffeine anyway blush

didldidi Mon 12-Sep-11 17:48:01

sugar. Cutting out gets rid of the blood sugar highs and lows

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 17:51:52

I have been cutting it down. I had barely any this weekend and (coincidentally) am knackered!! Hopefully it's just evening out.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 18:05:40

Eat a banana when you get that mid afternoon slump, should keep you going until dinner smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now