Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can't believe I still feel so poorly? Tummy bug or food poisoning?

(3 Posts)
mummytowillow Mon 12-Sep-11 14:12:01

I started with tummy cramps on Thursday afternoon, which progressed to horrendous, watery diarrhoea (tmi)! I felt and still do feel absolutely terrible? sad

I haven't vomited, I've felt very sick, hot/cold, very tired and short tempered? I didn't eat for two days, but ate toast and simple food on Sunday, I've still got horrendous diarrhoea, everytime I drink or eat it starts it all off again?

I haven't been able to go to work today, so went to the doctor, he wanted me to do a stool sample, and asked about chicken etc?

How long is likely to last, and what do you think it might be? I've thought back to what I'd eaten on Thursday and I had egg salad, vegetable crisps, olives and feta cheese and a McDonalds burger blush

If the sample comes back as poisoning, what happens then?

Please tell me it will pass soon, I feel so ill?

squishysquashy Mon 12-Sep-11 15:01:53

Could be a number of things most of which you just have ride out. Are you in contact with small children? My DD gave me rotavirus which had these symptoms was awful.

Vi8 Fri 16-Sep-11 18:32:36

I've had a similar thing but with a horrible episode of vomiting every 20m for a few hours, followed by days of queasy feeling. I thought it was food poisoning, but if there's a bug going round that's probably it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now