Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

repetative stomach problems, sick as a dog!

(26 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 13:43:18

I've been having issues with my cycle for the last 6m or so, and have always had problems with diarrhoea in the week before my period. But lately its got worse, to the point where I can't leave the house or even the sofa, I am being sick as well. I'm trying to stop getting dehydrated, but the stomach cramps are horrendous and nothing stays around too long.

Any ideas?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 13:59:29

?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 13:59:31

?

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Mon 12-Sep-11 14:05:32

I would suggest seeing your GP? Sorry can't really help. Sounds horrible for you

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 14:12:02

Thanks, I've normally got the stomach of an ox and can eat anything without it affecting me, but this is horrendous and just leaves me utterly wiped out!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 14:32:52

Bump

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 15:59:11

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 15:59:12

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 16:39:05

Anyone at all?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 16:39:07

Anyone at all?

BellaneyMimphus Mon 12-Sep-11 16:49:47

I don't think anyone knows.
Definitely a GP job is you can't get any old gobshite on MN to help grin
(Sorry though, it sounds horrible.)

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 16:57:14

Hahaha, fair enough <grumble> shouldve posted in aibu and pissed myself off. Just hoped that someone would say "I get that all the time, get over yerself"

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 16:57:15

Hahaha, fair enough <grumble> shouldve posted in aibu and pissed myself off. Just hoped that someone would say "I get that all the time, get over yerself"

Redumbdancy Mon 12-Sep-11 22:15:46

well my best friend has sickness and diarrhoea right before and during her period, she has IBS and I'm sure she said her doctor told her it was related.

Definitely go see your GP though.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 22:16:43

Oh, and now I have thrush again. Super.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 22:16:44

Oh, and now I have thrush again. Super.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 22:17:56

X-post, thank you. Did it suddenly come on?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 12-Sep-11 22:17:58

X-post, thank you. Did it suddenly come on?

TCOB Mon 12-Sep-11 22:20:42

Sounds like it may an IBS-type illness. Without going into details (because they are just plain nasty!) this sounds similar to problems I had. Hope your GP 'believes' in IBS as mine didn't and just gave me Fybogel, and I am I admit so shit at managing it myself that I seem to spend half the year feeling like the walls of my stomach are on fire sad

Redumbdancy Mon 12-Sep-11 22:20:49

She was fine until she got to her early twenties and everything has gone down hill since, she has so many health issues bless her, including thrush, wonder if it's all connected?

OracleInaCoracle Tue 13-Sep-11 07:43:23

Thank you both so much. I thought thrush was down to continual wiping. I always get it around my period. I will speak to my gp though, I can't go on like this. My stomach is twice its normal size.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 13-Sep-11 07:43:25

Thank you both so much. I thought thrush was down to continual wiping. I always get it around my period. I will speak to my gp though, I can't go on like this. My stomach is twice its normal size.

Redumbdancy Tue 13-Sep-11 13:10:08

Hope you get an answer and some relief!

MistyB Tue 13-Sep-11 13:19:05

I would definitely see a GP, ask for a bacterial analysis of your stools. It does sound like there is a significant imbalance at the very least which may need treatment with antibiotics. It may also be worth consulting a nutritionist if this is ongoing who may well recommend detoxing, no wheat, dairy, sugar or caffeine and getting a good probiotic, (Hooghly) and omega complex to rebuild your gut lining.
This sounds tough, I hope you find some answers soon.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 13-Sep-11 13:50:09

Thanks, have spoken to my gp and she says that if it doesn't clear up in next couple of days to bring in a sample. Its still really, really bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now