Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a swelling on the side of my neck

(5 Posts)
RnB Sun 11-Sep-11 08:23:17

It is very sore. I woke up yesterday thinking I must have slept awkwardly, but then realised there is swelling running down diagonally from behind my ear. It is about 4 or 5 inches long.

Does this sound like an infected lymph node? I feel tired, weak and tearful too sad

FilthyDirtyHeathen Sun 11-Sep-11 08:48:46

Sorry you are feeling rotten. I don't know what it might be but please don't worry. I have spent the last few weeks panicking over a lump in my neck which after investigation turned out to be entirely innocent and treatable.

Why not give NHS direct a call or if it is really painful and you can't wait until Monday to see a GP go to a walk-in clinic.

RnB Sun 11-Sep-11 09:07:48

Thanks FDH! So glad yours turned out to be nothing serious...

I think I will go to the walk in service as it seems to be getting more and more painful.

RnB Sun 11-Sep-11 13:08:19

Just been to the GP walk in and the doctor is baffled! Said it may be mumps or some kind of infection in my neck. Have antibiotics in case it's bacterial

FilthyDirtyHeathen Tue 13-Sep-11 11:08:01

Glad you got it seen to RnB. Hope you are feeling better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now