Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Freaking out slightly and need to be a grown up

(4 Posts)
travellingwilbury Fri 09-Sep-11 18:03:37

My brother had open heart surgery last Dec last years freak out thread

He had a check up two weeks ago and he has been told he still has a hole in his heart and has to back in November for it to be looked at again . He feels fine in himself and is back climbing but they have told him he may need another op . It ill have to be open heart surgery again and I have just had to nod and smile while he as telling me all this and pretend I am calm about it .

I am not calm , I am scared for him , he is only 31 , ho many times in your life can you have open heart bloody surgery and recover well ?

Anybody want to tell me to "get a grip" ? Or that this is a common thing and if he does need another op that it will be his last and he ill make a full recovery this time ?

Please !

travellingwilbury Fri 09-Sep-11 19:07:13

Pretty please !

I don't know enough about all this stuff and so far I have managed not to start googling but that might come very soon .

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 09-Sep-11 19:21:58

I know a little girl who has already had open heart surgery 4 times, seems to keep up with her peers.

Also and i know it was her first op but my mum had valve replacement surgery at the age of 72 and recovered very well.

Hope all goes well for him.

travellingwilbury Fri 09-Sep-11 19:32:37

Thank you NK346f2849X127d8bca260 grin

He is very fit and generally healthy so I presume his chances are better than others but it just seems so wrong for him to be going through this .

I hate being a grown up sometimes .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now