Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone else ever get this strange sensation in their leg (or other limb!)

(4 Posts)
fartmeistergeneral Fri 09-Sep-11 08:19:09

It only ever happens now and again - twice a year or something, although it's not been that long since the last time and I've got it again.

It is very specific to my right front thigh - it goes all goose bumpy but really severe, the lumps are much more pronounced than normal goosebumps. Also they raise up, stay a few seconds and disappear - the sensation is like normal goosebumps. And they only appear in very definite patches on my front thigh. Any ideas? When I get a 'bout', it will come and go for a couple of days then go away for months and months.

fartmeistergeneral Fri 09-Sep-11 08:53:04

(goose) bump!

Elibean Fri 09-Sep-11 13:09:16

No. But I do get, about twice a year, a 'scalded' sensation down the skin of my thigh - its nerve related, like a pinched nerve or sciatica. Wouldn't be surprised if goose bumps were also a nerve induced thing!

fartmeistergeneral Fri 09-Sep-11 15:08:18

yes, I definitely think it's a nerve thing, but wonder what causes it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now