Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worried after scan. Would the radiologist tell you if there was a problem?

(3 Posts)
mummytopebs Thu 08-Sep-11 22:22:06

I have been having heavy periods, pain during sex and bleeding after, and a sharp pain in my left side for about 9 months. The gp sent me for an ultrasound scan.

When I was there the radiologist was looking at the screen for a long time, she raised her eyebrows and motioned for the other radiologist to come over. She then said she was going to do an internal scan to have a better look, while she was doing this she was asking me about my periods etc.

When she finishe dshe just said all done. I said was it ok and she just said looks fine and ring my gp. I said how long for results, she said if I havent heard from my gp within the week to make sure I ring them.

Would she tell me if she had seen something? Am I just reading into things?

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Thu 08-Sep-11 22:26:30

She probably wouldn't tell you, TBH. But, it does sound like she saw something of interest as she sounded keen for you to speak to GP about results. Not necessarily anything alarming, no point worrying at this point.

I would start ringing the GP on Monday to see if they have the report if it was me.

Iamseeingstars Thu 08-Sep-11 22:27:27

THey are not usually allowed to tell you anything and are not supposed to give anything away so as not to worry the patient

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now