Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness around period

(4 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Thu 08-Sep-11 16:22:47

Anyone else get this?
My periods returned about 6 months ago and I've had 4 periods in that time, since having / bf'ing DS2.
Yesterday and today, I've been really dizzy, feeling like I'm on a constant roundabout. It's worse when I'm lying down or if I move quickly.
I was quite dizzy whilst pregnant too, if that's any relevance.
Anyone else get this around their period? I am thinking whether to wait until the next cycle and go and see Dr or just to go now. I doubt I'm anaemic as I eat red meat 2 or 3 times a week and enough leafy greens.
Thanks

didldidi Thu 08-Sep-11 16:29:38

low blood pressure? bur sounds like what my DH has (obviously nothing to do with periods!) which is a fluid imbalance in the ears

sheeplikessleep Thu 08-Sep-11 16:46:02

hmm, maybe. maybe i'm just correlating it with the periods when i shouldn't be.
feels like i'm just absolutely shattered, that i can focus on what i'm looking at, but not much else and that sort of sickness / nausea you get when pregnant (i know i'm definitely not pregnant!).

i'll see how i get on overnight and book an appointment tomorrow i think.

thanks for posting.

Iamseeingstars Thu 08-Sep-11 20:19:36

Get it checked, preferably when you are on your period so that they can check things out.
BP and Anemia are the two obvious signs

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now