Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

11 days post partum, constipated - help!

(6 Posts)
davidtennantsmistress Thu 08-Sep-11 14:27:27

help! 6 apricots not working, lactlose i've taken today not working, I've had stitches (2nd/boarder 3rd degree tear) so am anxious about going either way, but so far i'm dreading when I have to go.

am eating at least 2 portions of fruit plus my apricots & trying with the veg as well. am BF DS, help!

Vajazzler Thu 08-Sep-11 14:29:21

Are you drinking enough? Make sure you drink plenty of water, especially as you're BFing.

davidtennantsmistress Thu 08-Sep-11 14:33:11

prob not tbh, i'm trying for 2 lt a day but bearly managing one atm.

Francagoestohollywood Thu 08-Sep-11 14:39:20

Glycerin suppositories.

mymumdom Thu 08-Sep-11 14:43:43

Prune juice and lots of it. It doesn't taste as bad as you'd think.
When you want to 'go' get a pad and push it up firmly against your stitches. This way it really doesn't hurt much at all, I promise.

Pudding2be Thu 08-Sep-11 14:50:12

If it helps I am 11 days PP with 3rd degree tearing - it's not bad going to the loo at all. I thought it was going to awful blush

Keep up with the lactulose, but that only softens, it doesnt make you go. The mat unit gave me fybogel to help, might be worth giving that a go

Congratulations on your little bundle smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now