Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Another 'period' after a fortnight...

(9 Posts)
lamandler Wed 07-Sep-11 23:08:51

I've been regular as clockwork forever, apart from 2 pregnancies and bf. DC2 is 13 months now and periods have been back and regular since she was 7mo.

But this week I have started to bleed again about 14 days into my cycle. It's accompanied by period type pains and moodiness, and bizarrely the return of SPD.

I had to see GP today about contraception advice, and she wasn't overly concerned about the bleeding. I can't help but be worried though, it's very unusual for me to be anything but 28 days between periods.

COuld it be just a hormonal blip or should I push for a further check?

shelscrape Wed 07-Sep-11 23:11:45

How old are you OP? In my lates 30's my periods went through a phase of 2 - 5 week cycles.

lamandler Wed 07-Sep-11 23:23:04

38 next week. It's grim though - I feel these hormone 'rushes' where I get anxious and tetchy and knackered. If I am going to get like this every fortnight I am not sure I can take it!

carernotasaint Thu 08-Sep-11 01:27:21

Im 38 and i sometimes get fortnightly periods too then none for a good few weeks.

lamandler Thu 08-Sep-11 16:39:51

Did irregular periods start suddenly for you too?

carernotasaint Thu 08-Sep-11 23:20:00

It started sometime last year. Its a pain in the arse when it comes to booking a smear test cos you dont know where you are.

Mumelie Sun 11-Sep-11 12:03:20

have has the same myself and I am 38. Been completly erratic for about 6 months now (totally regular before). Have had blood tests for thyroid, hormones, PCOS, a clear smear test etc - nothing found. Looks like its calming down now and Dr says it could just be a blip.
Oh and I still get SPD pain every month and my DD is now 8!

farfallarocks Mon 12-Sep-11 14:11:00

Could you be pregnant? Could it be an implantation bleed?

hopingtobe Mon 12-Sep-11 14:12:56

This happened to me last year (aged 33). I mentioned it to the doctor (was there for something else) and he was unconcerned. It was just a one off blip and it hasn't happened again so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now