Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worrying about nothing?

(2 Posts)
LittleMissProcrastinator Wed 07-Sep-11 14:13:08

Please can someone help put my mind at rest.
I went to doctors about aches and pains in my knee so he said I should have blood tests, we have arthritis in my family. I also have a history of anaemia.
Anyway I phoned doctors today to see if they had results from blood test back and they said they have and I need to see doctor but they didn't tell me what is wrong so now i'm worrying about it. please can someone try and talk some sense to me, I am worrying about nothing aren't I?
I know there are worse things people get wrong with them but I'm only guessing what could be wrong and driving myself mad!

thirtysomething Wed 07-Sep-11 14:16:38

If you have a history of anemia it could be that your levels have dropped and s)he wants to discuss which iron tabs to prescribe etc - mine does this every time I have a blood test and it's infuriating that they won't tell you over the phone so you imagine all sorts...

It could also be that you have a slight vitamin/mineral deficiency and they want to discuss that? It doesn't necessarily mean anything terrible, but unfortunately you now have to wait to find out. You could always phone back, explain you are worried and ask for the GP to phone you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now