Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Adult teeth problems because of trauma in babyhood?

(2 Posts)
ilovehugs Tue 06-Sep-11 13:25:43

Hello

My DD (4) had 3 operations in 4 months as a baby from the age of 4 to 8 months old. She also had high dosages of anti-biotics with these and a was ill with high temperatures following the surgery. We have had terrible problems with her teeth due to a combination of things and she has lost 6 already sad Thankfully the condition which required the surgery is under control and she hasn't had any further problems with her teeth. I found all this very hard and have worked to hard to try and get her healthy as she is now.

I read an article about Hypoplasia in adult teeth being caused by infection/trauma/antibiotics/illness/tooth infections as a baby or young child. I am so worried that we will have a repeat of all the teeth problems because of what happened to her as a baby. I just can't face going through that again.

It would be great to hear from anyone who's child had similar problems and their adult teeth turned out OK!

mercibucket Tue 06-Sep-11 22:47:51

don't google!!
well, it's not quite the same but ds1 was ill a lot as a young child and yes, he does have tooth problems with the baby teeth but touch wood so far all the adult teeth are coming through fine
ds2 on the other hand had an absolutely chilled out, stress free babyhood and has no enamel at all on some of his adult molars.
c'est la vie
chances are, her adult teeth will be fine, but also she will be older, and it is a lot easier to deal with a lot of things as they get older.
step away from google though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now