Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

jogging in winter

(3 Posts)
vanfurgston Tue 06-Sep-11 11:32:14

hi i started exercising a couple of months ago (started with walking for 45 min and gradually started jogging). since its become really windy the past week i am having trouble continuing.
when i jog i feel the air is stripping a layer of my lungs and have trouble breathing ifykwim. as its gna get colder i dnt knw how to cope
any joggers have any experience they can share?

orangeflutie Tue 06-Sep-11 14:52:34

It can be difficult running when there is a particularly strong wind. Presuming you don't suffer from asthma, or have a cold or chest infection, it could be that you need to slow your pace a bit or alternate running for a short distance and then go back to walking. It takes a little while to build up aerobically.

As the weather gets colder it's important to wear lots of thin layers or you can buy thermal running gear. If the temperature is around freezing when you start you definitely need a pair of gloves and a hat.

HTH

vanfurgston Tue 06-Sep-11 17:03:56

thanks a bunch. i will definitely try your suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now