Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding in between periods

(4 Posts)
jetsetlil Mon 05-Sep-11 10:32:40

I came off the pill around 4 months ago. Im 41. I was on and off the pill for most of my adult life. The last 2 months i've had some spotting mid cycle and period pains. It started again this morning and i am not due till roughly next Monday. I'm sure its probably my body getting back to normal after the pill but I am also very paraniod as I lost my mum last year to womb cancer and my sister was also diagnosed with ovarian cancer (she had chemo and is getting clear scans). Would I be over-reacting to go to the Dr? Or has anyone else experienced this? Many Thanks

bagelmonkey Mon 05-Sep-11 18:27:24

It's probably just your hormones settling after coming off the pill, but I still think you should go to your GP and make sure you explain your family history and that you're worried.

Marne Mon 05-Sep-11 18:37:11

Best thing too do is go to your GP (given your family history) but don't panic, most of the time its nothing.

jetsetlil Tue 06-Sep-11 09:10:25

Its bloody stopped again! Thanks for your replies - I will make an appointment this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now