Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Two negative pregnancy tests, still no period

(9 Posts)
practicallyimperfect Sun 04-Sep-11 21:58:15

About two weeks ago I had period pain, but no period. After week I checked my dates and realied I was due so tested-negative. Waited until 6 ays late and tested again, still negative.

Now i am well over a week late. I have never missed a period except when pregnant. I couldn't be pregnant? We aren't tryimg so would be unlikely. What else could it be?

Fiolondon Sun 04-Sep-11 22:38:08

I'll be blunt, sorry. How old are you?

practicallyimperfect Mon 05-Sep-11 07:33:48

Fiolondon Mon 05-Sep-11 12:34:00

30 sounds too young for it to be menopause.
I found this which might explain:
http://www.babycenter.com/404_three-pregnancy-tests-say-no-but-my-periods-more-than-two-we_7106.bc
Sounds like you might need to re-test and visit your gp to get checked out.
Do any of the explanations sound likely?
hth

cupofteainpeace Mon 05-Sep-11 21:22:43

Hi.
With my first dc, I tested negative twice up to 2 weeks late. I was also never late. Dates said I shouldn't be pregnant - I was!!
Test again!!

cupofteainpeace Mon 05-Sep-11 21:26:30

Also..... was very very shocked when third test at doctors came up positive.
That was on 9/11 10 yrs ago.

practicallyimperfect Thu 08-Sep-11 21:31:08

Went to doctors today. She had a feel of my stomach, then said it was probably stress. I don't feel that stressed! Will wait a few more days and then test again.

januaryjojo Fri 09-Sep-11 20:49:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

practicallyimperfect Sat 10-Sep-11 08:51:13

She said it was unlikely. I am concerned as I am on medication that is not suited to pregnancy. We do want to start ttc in Jan when I have come off it.

Hopefully it is just stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now