Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please could any GP's or consultants care to shed any light on my mothers symptoms?

(8 Posts)
Beauregard Sun 04-Sep-11 21:23:42

My mom has been unwell for sometime now and it is like an emotional rollercoaster for us.She has had numerous tests and examinations which have been negative .
Her symptoms are as follows-

Feeling generally unwell
Bloated stomach
Full feeling
Crawling sensation in stomach
Sensation of pressure in the sacrum or anus
Nightime back and hip pain when lying down(strong enough to wake her)

She did test positive for Heli pylori bacteria in her stomach and was treated with antibiotics recently.
She has had Lichen Planus for 4 years following gall bladder removal.

She has had numerous blood tests,faecal samples,internal scan,endoscopic exam,Xray /bone scan of hips, internal and rectal exams,C.T scan of the stomach/pelvis and she is now waiting for a barium enema.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to what is wrong with her please? we are running out of ideas

Fiolondon Sun 04-Sep-11 22:27:55

If she's ruled out all medical things/conditions have you considered osteopathy? Esp someone who can do cranial as well as structural?
All sorts of digestive disorders can stem from musculoskeletal issues/restrictions in nerves/joints - which might also relate to the hip pain?
I'm not a doctor. Married to an osteopath tho.
He fixed my knees when the nhs failed to help and just told me to rest. Blooming miraculous it was so I hope it can do something for your mum as they seem to be able to help with more than just bones!

Beauregard Sun 04-Sep-11 22:51:46

Hi thanks yes my mom has had a few sessions with a chiropractor who seems to think there is nothing more that she can do . she has also had a sports massage.
Mom is 65 btw.

Fiolondon Mon 05-Sep-11 07:51:49

Hi. Chiropractic and osteopathic treatment are different. Not least because osteopaths tend to spend longer with their patients. It might be worth finding a cranial osteopath. They sometimes do free consultations to see if they can help. As far as I understand, cranial treatment can do quite a bit for soft tissue/digestive problems. Look at the sutherland cranial society website for more info.
Hth

Beauregard Mon 05-Sep-11 21:15:07

Thankyou will look into that

ameliagrey Mon 05-Sep-11 22:54:31

Has she had a scan or blood test for ovarian cancer?

Beauregard Mon 05-Sep-11 22:59:15

She has had so many different blood tests and internal scan and she had a C.T scan of her abdomen

Beauregard Mon 05-Sep-11 23:00:28

Not sure if they were specifically looking for that though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now