Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast pain.

(5 Posts)
pippitysqueakity Sun 04-Sep-11 12:15:19

This is a silly question as I know only my GP can help, but before my last period I had a pain in the side of my right breast. This was fairly constant, but I put it down to PMT as it generally makes my breasts really tender. Now, three weeks later, that specific area is sore to the touch, and ocasionally twinges without being touched. There is no lump, or unevenness that I can feel. Could I just have triggered this by compulsively poking to see if it is ok?
Obviously, I am now in the run up to my next period, so breast pain and tenderness back anyway. Would I be better to wait till after this period before going to GP, or does that not really matter?
BTW I am 46 and my mum died of secondary breast cancer at 57.

CompactDisc Sun 04-Sep-11 13:23:21

Hi Pippity, with your last line statement, personally I would not wait and would get it checked a.s.a.p.

Breast pains during, before and after, and worse during pregnancies have been my game for years! I'm 5 years older than you BTW. During mid teens to adult I never missed a month of breast pains feeling like I had two knitting needles trying to come out by the front, know-what-I-mean?

Breasts are something tender to start with (well mine are LOL!) so poking does tend to make things worse. But really, you should get it checked.

Take care and let me know (if you want's up to you!) how it goes.

CD

chickydoo Sun 04-Sep-11 13:26:46

Hi
Please do get it checked out! It could just be your age though. I get very sharp pains in one or both breasts before period, during period and after period. Is getting worse each month. GP said was age related. Deep joy

lucyspangle Sun 04-Sep-11 19:51:21

If it persists after being checked out try high strength evening primrose oil- really helped mine then I got lazy about taking it.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 04-Sep-11 21:13:27

I'd go and get it checked. I had persistent breast pain a few years ago and felt it was an age thing,it went away after a few months. Doctor said it wasn't worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now