Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Avoidng metal in creams

(7 Posts)
Iamseeingstars Sun 04-Sep-11 08:50:06

Hi, Can you help me?

I was reading through some info on chemotherapy and it says to avoid creams containing metal

But it doesnt explain any further than that. What am I supposed to look for to make sure I avoid it?

KurriKurri Sun 04-Sep-11 10:12:46

I'm not exactly sure Iamseeingstars, - I've had chemo and I was advised to use aqueous cream, and I also used baby mosturizer. I guess creams with metal in would be things like zinc cream.

My advise for anything chemo related is to check with your unit when you go in for treatment, - they usually have things they will recommend for specific problems.

I hope everything goes well for you, when do you start your treatment?

Iamseeingstars Sun 04-Sep-11 11:08:44

Hi KurriKurri
Treatment was supposed to start very soon, but have had severe pneumonia that has knocked me out. Been in hospital for a couple of weeks, so now waiting to see what doctors decide. They have said things will be delayed but not gone into any detail

KurriKurri Sun 04-Sep-11 11:27:52

Poor old you - pneumonia must have really knocked you down. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Were you on the tamoxifen thread a little while ago? - I recognise your name smile- I will direct the people on there to your thread, some of them have had chemo more recently than me, and might know more about the cream smile

smee Sun 04-Sep-11 12:09:51

I was told similar, though I can't remember why now..! I was given a list by the unit of which creams got their approval. I still use the deodorant. Can only seem to find it in Waitrose, but it's called Bionsen and is Aluminium Free. Hope you speed through chemo now. Come natter on Tamoxifen thread if you'd like to. Helped me lots to talk on there. smile

Footle Sun 04-Sep-11 12:20:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

topsyturner Sun 04-Sep-11 20:16:13

Hi stars

I too am currently undergoing chemotherapy .
I wasn't told anything about not using creams with metal in . (that I remember !)
I was however advised that post surgery I wasn't to use any scented creams , shampoos , shower gels etc .
The Breast Care nurses recommended the Simple range .

Hope this helps .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now