Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI warning- thrush pessaries, thrush etc.

(2 Posts)
ameliagrey Sat 03-Sep-11 16:56:32

Anyone used canesten etc pessaries at all? I use them sometimes- maybe twice a year- and sometiems take the oral tablet ( as well.)

I find the pessary can take ages to... ahem..dissolve.

Used it Tuesday night and wondered where it was- what goes up has to come down, and it has only just dissolved.

Not sure therefore it iwas doing any good while it was lost in there somewhere, or will only start to work now.

Has anyone used the Once cream? I think I read that sometimes people have bad burning with it.

I don't get any discharge with thrush- but I get very sore "bits" ( inner labia) which look red and slightly pimply and sting like mad after wee has touched them. I assume it's thrush as it clears up with treatment but I also wonderd if it was possibly vulvodynia.

I have sometimes had thrush diagnosed after smears etc when I didn't have any symptoms so I think maybe I am always that way inclined...

anyone else?

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 03-Sep-11 19:04:06

I took an oral tablet and used the cream and it cleared up a treat, but I don't tend to suffer too badly with thrush. Hate the pessaries due to the mess.

I thought thrush would always be like discharge due to the yeast element? Maybe get it checked out at the GP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now