Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

suspected GU prolapse - anyone else got this?

(3 Posts)
grizedale Sat 03-Sep-11 14:52:08

I've had recurrent UTIs since June and no doc has been able to find out why. Have had an ultrasound scan of GU tract and blood tests and everything appears normal. After chatting to a homeopathic friend yesterday, suddenly thought maybe its a prolapse problem? I've had two large babies close together and I'm petite. I feel like I need the loo when walking around but not when sitting and sometimes feel like the world is going to fall out ifykwim when I'm walking too. No incontinence probs but I have to move about on the loo to empty properly....anyone had similar? I've also had bad coughs during the last 3yrs which got me thinking too.
Would be grateful for any advice - will go to docs next week but worrying now!

ameliagrey Sat 03-Sep-11 16:23:45

sounds likely you might have a prolapse.
The signs are there- and the UITs could be caused by you not being able to empty your bladder fully due to it sagging.

Ask your dr to refer you to a gynae - physio might help if it's not too bad, or you might need an op to fix it.

Try not to worry. In the meantime, do some PF exercises which will help whatever the outcome.

grizedale Sat 03-Sep-11 18:22:40

Thanks ameliagrey. Have been doing some PF exercises and they're making me feel better although my muscles ache a bit so does look like I'll need to see a gynae. I guess having a diagnosis is better than these months of not knowing what is going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now