Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My 20 yr old DD felt really faint/ill today

(11 Posts)
nametapes Fri 02-Sep-11 15:57:59

Should she see our doctor? I think so , even though she is fine now...
We were out this morning at the start of a cycle ride, and suddenly she had to stop and get off the bike, and sit down. She went pale and said she felt as if she was about to pass out. She lay on my lap swetting and white for about 10 minsutes. After that she was ok.. and we came home.
She wasnt hungover, she hasnt taken any drugs, is not diabetic, and has no medical problems. Except to say her blood pressure is quite low....
Any opinions/advice would be much appreciated.

PeanutGallery Fri 02-Sep-11 16:03:57

Had she eaten properly that morning?

going Fri 02-Sep-11 16:06:59

Was her peiod starting. When I was that I age I was taking the pill, I would feel faint/hot and sweaty for a few minutes when it started.

sallysparrow157 Fri 02-Sep-11 16:09:39

I think it would be wise to see her doctor - if I saw her I would at the very least do an ECG

nametapes Sun 04-Sep-11 17:18:18

thank you guys.
I will try and get her to GP tomorrow , even though she is fine now,, and always 20 miles away at the boyfriends....
Period not starting,, she has had the contraceptive injection about 8 weeks ago, and seemed fine.
..and yes she had eaten a big bowl of Muesli about half an hour before we set off on the bikes..

triplets Sun 04-Sep-11 22:20:46

I too think she should have an ecg, please get her checked as sally said.

2ddornot2dd Sun 04-Sep-11 22:23:42

When I was in my early 20s I was very active and very ill. I was also prone to passing out. The doctor suggested it was low blood pressure and possibly a lack of salt in my diet. I was told to eat a bag of crisps every day! It seemed to work and I haven't passed out for years now.

Of course you should send her to the doctors to check, but just to reassure you that it might not be serious

jenniec79 Sun 04-Sep-11 22:28:27

POAS? 20yo woman otherwise well, feeling faint - I'd start with that before an ECG if it's a possibility IYSWIM.

Then again, could just be a bug.

triplets Tue 06-Sep-11 23:11:43

nametapes, just thinking about your daughter, how did she get on?

nametapes Wed 07-Sep-11 10:48:56

Unfortuntely she is still staying at her boyfriends, and has not been back here. (25 miles away). She did say she was registering as a temp patient at boyfriends surgery. So i am glad about that.
She has felt well since this one incident and seems just fine now. I have told her to get checked out though asap.

triplets Thu 08-Sep-11 00:18:31

Thanks nametape, I am sure she`ll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now