Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

so tired, constantly

(4 Posts)
vmcd28 Fri 02-Sep-11 10:06:20

Last night, and 3 nights ago, I fell asleep on the sofa at 8pm. I gave into it, thinking it'd just be a short nap. Woke up at midnight. Then straight to bed, sound asleep till 8am.
Are there any vitamin or mineral deficiencies that can cause this? I dont think I have other symptoms. I do take an iron supplement, so it shouldnt be an iron deficiency. Or maybe I need to up the dosage?
I have been eating a lot of crap the past week or two, so to be fair it may just be gluttony that has caused this...

JinxAndFluff Fri 02-Sep-11 10:10:43

Have you had your thyroid checked? Underactive thyroid causes fatigue. Also weight gain, hair thinning if these apply? Its not at all uncommon. If this has been going on for long, worth asking your GP to do blood test. If is diagnosed, just requires thyroxine.

sausagesandmarmelade Fri 02-Sep-11 13:23:53

Could be B12 deficiency....best see your GP and get a range of blood tests done.

vmcd28 Fri 02-Sep-11 13:36:26

yep, if this goes on past the weekend I'll defo get my bloods done.
thanks, both x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now