Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Slimming Clubs when pregnant

(4 Posts)
Thumbelina79 Tue 30-Aug-11 21:32:22

Anyone go to Slimming World whilst they were pregnant?
What exercise do you do?

Lorelai Thu 01-Sep-11 13:13:08

I don't know about SW, but Weight Watchers won't let you go while you are pregnant, and for good reason - you shouldn't be trying to lose weight or restricting calories. If you are concerned about putting on too much weight then your midwife would be the best person to speak to about how much you should be eating etc.

Exercise on the other hand is fine during pregnancy, as long as you don't overdo it. I believe the advice is generally to carry on with whatever you were doing before - don't start new workouts, or increase the amount you do, but just do what feels comfortable from your usual routine.

gordonpym Thu 01-Sep-11 20:49:51

Fitpregnancy magazine and website have plenty of safe prenatal workouts. www.fitpregnancy.com/.
Pregnancy might be a good moment to turn to a healthier lifestyle, so cutting junk, eating more fruits and veg, fish, good carbs, etc...

AllChange2011 Fri 02-Sep-11 16:32:47

My friend carried on with Slimming World for a while when she was pregnant but leader very clearly told her that she could not offer her any advice but she was welcome to carry on going to get weighed. My friend decided it was a waste of money as she wasn't actually getting any support just paying for the pleasure of standing on the scales.

I would ask Midwife or your practice if you can weigh in there regularly if you are worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now