Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painkiller dosage?

(5 Posts)
TabithaTwitchet Tue 30-Aug-11 15:32:40

Just a quick question about paracetomol dosage.

I can take up to 2 tablets and mustn't take more frequently than every 4 hours.

So... if I take just one now, then could I take the second one say in a couple of hours if the first one didn't help enough? Or do I still have to wait 4 hours even though I only took half a dose?

Feeling really rough, but don't want to take a full dose if not necessary, as packet nearly empty and can't get to the shops till tomorrow afternoon.

GrownUpNow Tue 30-Aug-11 15:37:23

I do it myself and never suffered for it. Do you have ibuprofen too? You can alternate the two.

TabithaTwitchet Tue 30-Aug-11 15:57:41

Don't have Ibruprofen -do have kiddy nurofen but would have to take loads for an adult dose, i think. Might try it anyway...

RabbitPie Tue 30-Aug-11 22:32:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 30-Aug-11 22:35:02

Agree no point in half a dose. A large slug of any dose gets kicked straight out of your system by the liver. You need full dose to get over this threshold. If you split the dose liver can kick it all out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now