Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am in serious need of ideas to manage for the rest of this week.

(13 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Mon 29-Aug-11 18:22:57

DH has to work. I had 2 bad asthma attacks last week and am still not fully recovered. My whole body feels heavy and achy and I just want to sit. If I do do any chores then I am worn out really quickly. The kids are 6, 8 and 10 and won't want to stay in all day but the thought of driving makes me feel tired and walking is really difficult at the moment. I might be able to get my MIL to have an odd child for a few hours but I don't know when or for sure.

deepfriedcupcake Mon 29-Aug-11 21:30:02

Can you call on some schoolfriends? Even if you're down to two that's a bit easier.
Borrow some computer games, and a console if needed?
Get DH to pick up lots of DVDs from the video shop?

Hope you feel better soon, hols are hard enough without feeling ill.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 29-Aug-11 21:37:03

No one to ask.

Maybe a day of letting them do what they want - within reason, these are my kids after all - will work.

samex2 Mon 29-Aug-11 21:42:52

A day for more of letting them have free time to do exactly as they would like within reasontv/pc/lie-in/help themselves will do no harm. Pushing yourself will as it will take you longer to get back on your feet. wish you a speedy recovery.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 29-Aug-11 21:44:56

Thank you.

They have forgotten how they felt last week when I had to get help and DH rushed home as I was so ill. They aren't taking much notice of me atm.

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 29-Aug-11 21:45:51

Could you set up some very simple, safe food preparation for them to do?(depending on the skill of the older ones I guess) Not necessarily cooking, but perhaps making sandwiches. Added bonus of occupying them as well making a meal.

Is your dh back at a reasonable time in the evening? If practical, ask him to take them for a walk/bike ride as soon as he returns. Also get him to shop on way home/lunchbreak so there is food for dinner. And get him to do the basics of housework e.g. hang up wet laundry, quick bathroom clean etc.

Could you drive to a park or similar if there is a park with a convenient car park. Somewhere where they can run/have a kickabout and you watch from the bench/cafe.

So sorry you are unwell.

Re the chores, would finances allow a cleaner as a one-off/short term option? Sometimes you can get an agency to do a one off clean. That would give you marginally more energy.

Or does the school have a playscheme? Possibly one or more of the dcs could go?

TheOriginalFAB Mon 29-Aug-11 21:51:53

I just want to get back to normal.

Food won't be a problem and dh will be home before half 6.

I think I might make a picnic and go to the park as long as possible as they need to have a good play out and I have to take DD to her appointment so need the boys to behave.

Not bothered about housework at the moment as will blitz when the kids are back at school. Everyone has clean clothes and the house is hygenic.

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 29-Aug-11 21:53:44

Hope you feel better very soon.

Iamseeingstars Tue 30-Aug-11 10:59:36

Hi Fab

I remember reading some of your earlier posts.

It seems you havent got on top of whatever the problems are with you. What did the doctors say and what were the outcome of your tests? It seems a long time for you to be suffering without any resolution. You cant go on like this forever

I hope you get sorted soon.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 30-Aug-11 13:13:48

All blood tests came back normal.

Breast check follow up was meant to be tomorrow (well within the 6 weeks I was told) but has been put off until October. I get a lot of cancellations, I wonder if that is how the 6 week wait is got around hmm.

I have recently had a sleep monitor and have to keep a sleep diary before I will be called back to the clinic.

I am cutting out wheat and gluten as I think that is causing me a problem and I plan to start exercising again once the kids are back to school.

Still tired all the time.

This morning I told the kids what the plans for today were and have kept them in line by following though/sending to the step when needed. 2 of them seem to have got the message, the other not so much since she has been on it 3 times in one hour.

We did a small shop then went to the park so they could have a play. Lunch has been had by the kids, I am having mine now after doing a cleaning blitz in the lounge. I have had the kdis clean up after themselves, make their own lunch and empty the dishwasher.

This afternoon we have to go out as DD has an appointment and then I will send them out for some fresh air in the garden.

Easy tea - jacket spud for us all and then dh can take over when he gets in. Poor thing is having a nightmare day as someone has messed up something at work, not told him and gone off on holiday angry.

When all tests have been done and I am still exhausted (meds not working) I am going to go back to the GP and ask for more blood tests.

Still not fully recovered from the asthma attacks I had last week but the kids seem to have forgotten how worried and scared they were hmm.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 30-Aug-11 17:00:03

It is good that the kids aren't getting all worried and scared again - they are quite young still and you don't want them getting anxious whenever you aren't feeling well - that would be a lot of a burden for young kids to carry round.

Hope you manage the rest of the week ok.

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Tue 30-Aug-11 17:09:15

Would you consider a holiday club? There is a local one I know Fab. I'll PM the details if you want

TheOriginalFAB Tue 30-Aug-11 20:06:02

Thanks Ben10 but no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now