Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a lump appeared on my hairline behind my ear

(6 Posts)
stoppinattwo Sun 28-Aug-11 20:32:34

It feels quite big and is pretty sore....as big as a bump if you have bumped your head iykwim...

Am a bit panicky about it but I cant even "not think about it" as it hurts...DP is out on a night out and the kids are settled ready for bed so I cant really go out to a walk in centre (not sure what they would do anyway cept confirm it is a lump)

What should I do, any ideas sad

Its definately not a spot or a bite

TheFarSide Sun 28-Aug-11 20:37:35

Might be an infected cyst ... careful, you will soon have lots and lots of followers clamouring for photos and waiting for it to burst ...

nethunsreject Sun 28-Aug-11 20:37:44

Could be a blocked sebeacous (sp)!! gland. I get them from time to time just inside my hair line at the back of my head.

How quickly has it come up?

Or could be an inflammed/irritated lymph node. Not sinister, just in reaction to a minor infection/irritant.

DOn't panic about it! Go see your GP in the morning.

stoppinattwo Sun 28-Aug-11 20:46:38

Have been googling and it seems to be exatly where one of my lymph nodes would be located which could indicate I have an infection it is dealing with...it has come up over 2 days, I noticed it yesterday but since noticing it, it has got bigger and is now sore.

Im pretty sure is isnt a blocked gland as its not that kind of sore iykwim

nethunsreject Sun 28-Aug-11 20:50:08

If I were you, I'd take ibuprofen and paracetamol and keep an eye on it overnight, then phone for an appointment first thing. If it got worse overnight, present yourself at A and E.

stoppinattwo Sun 28-Aug-11 20:53:48

Thankyou for your advice, we have agrat walk in centre nearby, I will see if I can get assessed tomorrow first thing....just took some paracetamol and we will see what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now