Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotting/brown discharge

(2 Posts)
lurcherlover Fri 26-Aug-11 20:19:21

I've had this on and off for a few months now. I assumed it might be a bit of hormonal upheaval causing breakthrough bleeding post-baby (DS is now 10 months), especially as I am breastfeeding so no period for ages. But I've now had two regular periods so I assume they have kicked back in properly, and it's still happening. It's not every day, but a couple of times a week I notice it I reckon - light spotting, or brown discharge (like the old blood right at the end of a period). I've had a smear test done which was negative, and I know it can't be an STI as DH and I have both been tested. It's not painful, smelly or anything - perhaps it's just normal for me these days. But what else could it be? I'm at the gynae on Tues for an unrelated issue (follow-up appt for a post-birth restitch) so I'm going to mention it then, but interested to see if mnetters can offer any suggestions...I'm 29 and have endometriosis, but no other probs that I know of.

jennymac Sat 27-Aug-11 08:14:26

It could be cervical erosion. My periods changed a lot after ds was born - lasted longer and were very heavy. Went to docs and she thought it may have been caused by cervical erosion and was going to recommend I go in for some laser treatment. However, when she did an internal she said that everything looked fine but to go back if I got spotting in between periods. So definitely mention it to your gynae on Tues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now