Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ears

(2 Posts)
Valetude Fri 26-Aug-11 16:28:48

I feel like one of my ears is slightly tender, slightly swollen inside, definitely waxy. Can it be an infection? Cleaning it with an ear bud is a bit sore but it's the external skin inside that's sore, not the drum. I've never had my ears syringed or anything and I think there's definately wax there but I've never had this 'swollen' feeling before (it's been like this for months sad).

I know I should go to dr but it is 2 weeks at least for an appointment so I keep putting it off.

DeWe Fri 26-Aug-11 16:46:59

If you're having your ear syringed firstly you can get the nurse to check, and to do it. Secondly you need to put drops of oil (olive oil I think is what's recommended) for two weeks to loosen the wax before they can syringe it, so that would be good timing for a two week appointment. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now