Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Insomnia and herbal/natural remedies

(3 Posts)
Madigan Thu 25-Aug-11 20:28:40

I suffer from insomia ... have never been the best sleeper, but in the past 4 years I have had 3 babies in quick succession, so have become used to interrupted sleep. Now my children sleep soundly through the night but I cannot ............. sometimes it takes ages for me to get to sleep, I always always wake up several times a night, I never feel well rested in the morning. I have been taking prescription sleeping tablets (Zoplicone), which help a bit - but now I am looking for a more natural long term solution. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fuzzywuzzy Thu 25-Aug-11 20:31:00

Valerian root is good for sleeping, but it does give very vivid dreams.

Have you tried establishing a routine, warm bath, book, winding down time and trying to go to bed around the same time each night?

Madigan Thu 25-Aug-11 20:36:03

I am not v good at the routine thing, and think I had better face up to this and stick to a good routine ......... at the moment, I often go to bed v early and watch something on the tv until I feel sleepy. Often I will have a glass of wine at night as well, as I find it relaxing. I am sure these things are not helping .... I am trying valerian root tonight for the first time, so fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now