Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trapped wind that feels like period pain?

(5 Posts)
b1uebells Wed 24-Aug-11 20:22:04

Any ways to cure it? It's just like period pain and really painful. I've tried to go to the loo but don't need to go so nothing is coming out. Can't fart either as when I try nothing is happening!!

Any tips on curing this pain and clearing the wind?

FrogGreen Wed 24-Aug-11 21:20:26

When I was in hospital after a C-section I had awful awful painful wind. The midwives gave me peppermints and peppermint tea. It got a lot better very quickly, I'm not sure if it was the mint or just cleared up on its own - but an easy thing to try.

zandy Wed 24-Aug-11 22:17:14

Nice warm bath, expand the gas with the warmth and force its way out? Best I can come up with.
Or a dose of Andrews Liver Salts.

Havingkittens Wed 24-Aug-11 22:37:35

I get this a lot. A few things to try are;

A spoonful of bicarb in water.
Sipping hot water/peppermint tea/ginger tea.
Crystalised ginger.
Gentle abdominal massage.
Lying on your back and bringing your knees up to your chest, one by one and both at once.
Squatting can help too (very elegant that, squatting and farting!)

It can often occur if I'm a bit constipated so try a gentle laxative or some prunes or dried apricots before you go to bed.

Humourme Wed 24-Aug-11 22:43:30

I echo Zandy's suggestion; a nice warm bath where the water fully covers your tummy and lying down as flat as possible. It works a treat for me and is certainly cheaper than installing a jacuzzi grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now