Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need contrecption but have hormone problems, should I try the no hormone coil??

(5 Posts)
naughtyorouttacontrol Tue 23-Aug-11 09:41:47

Thats it really, I have got PCOS, I had the marina coil which I think actually caused the PCOS as I didnt have it before the coil went in. So I took the coil out.

I tries celest combination pill, but I think it made my hormones worse, I felt really happy for a few weeks then really down for a few weeks, and this went on for the 3months that I was on it.

So now I am worried about putting hormones in my body.

I am thinking maybe the coil with the hormone might be the best option? Anyone else tried it?

larakitten Tue 23-Aug-11 16:40:24

No advice sorry, but will follow with interest as I have similar issues. Stopped taking one mini-pill as it was causing crazy mid cycle spotting. As it stands, I have worked my way through pretty much all the pills and they are all making me really ill. I guess its the hormones, so am now giving some thought to the copper coil.

naughtyorouttacontrol Tue 23-Aug-11 17:13:21

Hopefully someone will come along to tell us both how amazing the copper coil is smile

doradoo Tue 23-Aug-11 18:27:16

look / try posting this in 'family planning' as there is some more info there.

naughtyorouttacontrol Tue 23-Aug-11 18:46:28

oh thanks, I didnt even know there was a family planning section blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now