Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

gallbladder removed but still collapsed on floor in pain, anyone else?!

(4 Posts)
weston Mon 22-Aug-11 19:04:29

has gallbladder out 2 months ago and sat morning got return of that 'pain worse than labour', came our of nowhere, thought was going to die, threw up bile and 15 mins later was ok, similar to what happened to be before and why they told me i needed to take my gallbladder out. was it a wasted operation? anything similar happened to anyone else?

canyou Mon 22-Aug-11 19:09:11

This happened to my BIL about 3 months after op, they found some of the stones had moved beyond the gall bladder and this was causing the pain, sorry I am not to sure of all the details but it is apparently common enough, also he still feels unwell after eating very greasy or spicy foods.

GloriaVanderbilt Mon 22-Aug-11 19:11:16

I think you might be best to go back and see someone. It doesn't sound like it should happen. My mother had hers out and never had that level of pain afterwards.

Good luck

alwaysme Mon 22-Aug-11 21:57:08

This happened to me. Stones were still stuck in bile duct and caused pancreaitis (spelling!) Really important you get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now