Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone heard of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder?

(4 Posts)
RamblingRosa Sun 21-Aug-11 20:33:52

I was just doing some research into PMS because my symptoms have become quite unbearable and I came across Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I seem to have all the symptoms. I'd never heard of it before. I'm going to make an appointment to see GP but just wondering if anyone else has heard of it/has been diagnosed with it and can tell me anything about how to deal with it.

Thanks

RamblingRosa Mon 22-Aug-11 21:00:16

No one? Link to symptoms here. I tick every one of them sad

coffeecoffeecoffee Tue 23-Aug-11 20:09:48

Hi there. That's what my GP told me I had, when I went to see her about my worsening PMS.
We went through all the symptoms and treatments, had a long chat and I have been prescribed 20mg of Fluoxetine (prozac) for the last 14 days of my cycle. I had a few days of feeling a bit sick, but other than that no side effects. my DH cannot put into the words the difference this month - I'm calm, not nagging the kids, and general nicer to be around.

Saved my relationship, that's for sure!

Hope that helps a bit x

RamblingRosa Wed 24-Aug-11 21:44:04

Thanks coffeecoffeecoffee. That does help. I didn't know you could take ADs for just part of your cycle. I'm not sure I want to take ADs but I'm not sure I have many other options right now. I just can't carry on feeling like this for half the month. I'm glad things have improved for you anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now