Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Arthritic cyst on side of knee having an arthoscopy to ...anyone els

(6 Posts)
choclab Sat 20-Aug-11 14:20:41

IV had a MRI on knee , discovered a cyst plus poss condral defect so having a arthoscopy to see/repair ....anyone els had similar ...
feel a little worried about whole thing sad

CMOTdibbler Sat 20-Aug-11 21:10:27

DH has had 3 lots of arthroscopic knee surgery - last time he had a cyst thing as he'd split the cartilage in such a way that fluid was pumping into it. It was bigger than a golf ball btw.

Most surgeries are really straightforward to recover from - first two he didn't have crutches or any major pain, although the third was different as they removed most of his cartilage.

When are you having the arthroscopy ?

choclab Sat 20-Aug-11 21:47:41

hi , thanks , im having it poss october /november ...

consultant said , wont know till do OP to what carlalige damage could be ....i have the cyst on outer left knee , could go in find cartilage in tact ....if thats the case will leave cyst and come back out , and i will be as i am sad or if finds tear or cartilage damage can sort that out and then go in for cyst to ...and i sjould be better ...

no garente untill does the Op .....

hmm .....

choclab Sun 21-Aug-11 13:18:09

been reading up on other sites regarding OP and recovery ....sounds a bit grim ...any good stories ...im really unsure i want tit done ......scared of infections etc ......

never had an Op before either ....hmm

am i over reacting ?

choclab Mon 22-Aug-11 20:58:38

bump

choclab Tue 23-Aug-11 13:53:47

Going to see consultant again next week as still unsure if i want OP ....im scared basicallysad heard and read many bad stories .....

any good ones anyone ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now