Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Naproxen

(5 Posts)
vickylou2004 Sat 20-Aug-11 12:53:21

How long do they take to work? I've been put on them as my doctor thinks I have a virus, which I thought was arthritis.

Thanks in advance.

ChildofIsis Sat 20-Aug-11 12:56:48

I take them for my back.
They can take a while to have an effect.
Apparently if you're already in lots of pain when you first take it it takes longer to work.
I've been recommended to take them at the first onset of soreness and not wait until I'm in agony.

They can upset the stomach if you take them without food though.

vickylou2004 Sat 20-Aug-11 17:08:37

Thankyou. What do you use them for, what's wrong with your back? Yes I am taking them with food.

ChildofIsis Sun 21-Aug-11 10:36:00

I have chronic back pain from a twist in my spine. My spine never grew properly, so I'm a short arse.
It actually sounds worse than it usually is.

I have phases in the year when I can't walk upright properly, normally due to having done stuff that I know are not good for me!
My lower back is sore a lot of the time so by making allowances and judicious use of naproxen I can manage ok.

Are you feeling any better today

vickylou2004 Sun 21-Aug-11 17:30:39

Wow! At least you can control it easily and know your limits.

I wasn't feeling quite as bad when I got up, things seem a little easier. Thankyou.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now