Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endometriosis - pain after sex

(4 Posts)
tak1ngchances Sat 20-Aug-11 12:07:55

I was diagnosed with endo after a laparoscopy in March (extensive superficial stage 1 endo). It was lasered off during surgery and I have felt a huge improvement wrt period pain.
However, I get an awful pain the day after sex. Bloated tummy, dragging sharp pains around my uterus and cramps.
Is this related to the endo do you think? Any fellow sufferers with advice?
DH and I are TTC baby number 1 and I would really like to enjoy the trying! smile

anon2011 Sat 20-Aug-11 12:20:47

Is it worth going back to see your Gynae consultant again? Were you TTC before the March lap? I had surgery for severe endometriosis and now get by with painkillers and hot water bottles.

tak1ngchances Sat 20-Aug-11 15:23:29

I think the gynae is sick of seeing me to be honest...I wasn't TTC before then but after the lap he said that I should get a move on if I want to start a family. It was the kickstart we needed to be honest (we are desperate procrastinators).
I went back to see him twice after surgery and he said everything was completely fine.
Does yours hurt after sex?

anon2011 Sat 20-Aug-11 18:42:00

It did before my lap, but then I had 2 large endometriomas removed and things are much better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now