Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trasvaginal scan, nervous about results.

(10 Posts)
girlsrus Sat 20-Aug-11 09:48:51

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/1261682-Two-very-light-periods-can-this-be-a-sign-of-ovarian-cyst

Hello I started the above link a couple of months ago, I had my scan which was a trans vaginal scan where they insert a probe (yikes) inside to get a good look around. It was more uncomfortable than painful. My prep letter said it would take 2-10mins but I was there for over 20 mins and she typing away and beeping taking lots of measurements.

I can't believe I did not ask her what she could see, I guess I was so nervous and also the letter said they can not discuss the scan and you have to wait to speak to your doc.

I've basically now had three very unusual light periods with strange feelings inside.

When she was doing the scan she then start asking me about contraception etc. She also done a quick scan on teh outside and spent awful long time on my lower tummy where they scan you for your 12 week pregnancy scan, she then said she wanted to do a pregnancy test but then said it would be necessary. After that she said she wanted to book me for another scan on teh outside but i need to have starved for 6 hours first and drank two pints of water.

At the beginning of these problems i had many pregnancy symptoms but i dont have them now, I've done many pregnancy tests and even had a hcg blood test which was neg. I've not tested for four weeks but i do not think i am pregnant.

i am just worried now, did she see something bad, was it alots of cysts hence all teh measurement taking and time it took, was i having some strange undetectable pregnancy, had i been pregnant and the feotus that did not develop is still there hence the light periods but no more pregnancy symptoms?

i know i'll find out monda, i've been trying to put it out of my head so a few days now. dont want to discuss it with anyone because until you know there is no point. i guess i just need to off load it to mumsnet smile

i am just so worried because it took so long, my sister had it done and said she was out in five mins. i guess that is what is bugging me plus the fact she start asking about contraception etc.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sat 20-Aug-11 09:57:07

I've had one of those done, post mc, and was nit told until I got there shock but defo no where as bad as I would have thought it would have been.

No-one can help you figure out or predict what they are going to tell you. I would focus on the fact that she took the time to look properly so feel confident in the results whatever they may be.

girlsrus Sat 20-Aug-11 17:16:36

Sorry to hear that, how horrible for you! That is what my sister said, at least she was thorough. Just opened a letter they sent for an Ultra sound, the letter says i must inform them before if i am pregnant so I definitely cant be pregnant.
I know I just have to put it to the back of my head. Typing it out on here just feels better.

l4k Sat 20-Aug-11 18:45:50

hi,I recently had one of these and it took ages,at least 30 mins.All that was wrong inside as far as they could see was my ovaries are stuck to my pelvic side walls.
Don't know if that helps but waiting is horrible when you are worried.
not long now.

girlsrus Sat 20-Aug-11 19:32:00

thank you, sounds painful, what did they do?

l4k Sun 21-Aug-11 11:17:17

on the day the most uncomfortable bit was the stirrups/footrests as the table I was on was only for your body(bum upwards) and your legs hanging off with feet in these metal rests.I should have kept my shoes on!!!! It wasn't painful.
Mine was a check before a prolapse repair so they weren't that interested in my ovaries.Haven't had my op yet.

girlsrus Mon 22-Aug-11 09:37:38

So awake for ages last night worrying about getting results today, call up as soon as gp is opened and told my results are there but I have to call back tomorrow because my gp does not work Mondays, or Tuesday mornings but Tuesday afternoon???? It is a joke! None of the six doctors at my surgery work five days a week.

I know its just another day and a half to wait but when you're told Monday and you're thinking about it constantly..... ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

girlsrus Mon 22-Aug-11 12:56:58

does everyone else's gp's work part time or is it just my surgery?

l4k Tue 23-Aug-11 23:42:57

did you get your results?
hope it's ok

girlsrus Wed 24-Aug-11 09:02:36

hello
thanks for your message, gp said i have a narrowed cervix which must be restricting my period flow hence my lighter periods. the scan showed some fluid in there which must be blood and i also have a polyp so they want to refer me for more tests and out me under to have a better look and remove the polyp. both i read about and it sounds strange that i have them as narrowed cervix is due to trama inside which has not happened to me, had three straightforward births and polyps give you painfuk heavy periods which i do not get at the moment. you would have thought i would have pains and bloating with three periods in a row not all coming out? bit nervous about going under but glad they are looking into this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now