Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advice Needed Please - Night Sweats & More

(5 Posts)
michglas Fri 19-Aug-11 21:45:25

I have been having night sweats and fatigue for a few months now - went to the doctors and they did blood tests including thyroid which all came back clear. Blood sugars were high but a later glucose tolerance test came back clear.

Over the past couple of weeks i have been having pain at the top of my left breast and armpit. I also felt the breast was lumpier than the other, but no lump as such. Went back to the doctors today and she did a breast exam and said it was nodular probably due to inflammation. She prescribed me some ibuprofen gel and said if it didn't start to help in a couple of weeks to go back.

I asked about the night sweats as they are getting worse and she just said well my blood tests came back clear, so they were nothing to worry about.

I feel like i should have been firmer and asked for some more exploration, but I don't know what I should have asked for - any ideas? Or am I just being silly and should be happy with what she has said?

bagelmonkey Sat 20-Aug-11 13:18:22

How old are you?
Any weight loss?

beautifulgirls Sat 20-Aug-11 13:34:18

Is there another GP you can see in the practice? I would go back personally and explain your ongoing concerns. It may well be nothing serious, but at the same time you are clearly worried enough for them to make sure they are able to reassure you with a thorough investigation.

michglas Sat 20-Aug-11 17:19:39

35 and losing weight through WW. Going to back in a couple of weeks to see a different doctor.

bagelmonkey Sat 20-Aug-11 18:42:24

You should see a different doctor and explain again how much the symptoms are bothering you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now