Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really, really bad periods! :o(

(5 Posts)
BeStillMyBeatingFart Fri 19-Aug-11 15:02:15

This is new, has only been the last few months but am having REALLY unbearable periods.

Very heavy and accompanied by hideous stomach cramps and migrains.

Have spent the last two days in my house with the curatins closed, wearing pajamas and watching Friends and hugging a hot water bottle as I honestly can't 'do' anything. Cooked my cats sausages for breakfast because I'm too poorly to walk to the shop and lug home some cat food.

Is there anything (perferably natural) that I can take to ease it a bit?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 19-Aug-11 16:50:09

Is there someone else around who can help?.

When you are feeling up to it, I would go to the GP and insist to this person that you are referred to a gynaecologist. Something is causing this and it is in your interests to find out why this is happening.

FWIW and I am no expert, endometriosis could well be to blame here and that can also cause heavy bleeding. Any symptoms that are cyclical in nature and get worse up to and including menses should be checked out properly and by a gynae to boot (this is a problem generally outside a GPs remit).

Tchootnika Mon 29-Aug-11 16:09:07

What's your diet like, Fart?
Don't know how old you are, but sometimes hormonal changes in mid-30s lead to bad periods and migraines. Diet can make a lot of difference.

amberlight Mon 29-Aug-11 20:01:48

Doc bunged me on tablets that vastly improved the amount of bleeding. Finally went for endometrial ablation operation - only an option if you're sure you don't want any kids after that point - but it really worked.
Definitely possibilities out there.

wicketkeeper Tue 30-Aug-11 14:01:32

Crazy-heavy periods were caused by fibroids in my case. You need to get to the GP and set the wheels in motion to find out what's causing it. But it's not right, so get it sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now