Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I can't be the only one who's become more aware of my cycle since having DC?

(7 Posts)
DecapitatedLegoman Thu 18-Aug-11 21:11:32

I honestly didn't have any notable symptoms of PMT or anything before having DC - mild period pains and some spots at worst.

After having DC1 I noticed the pains were worse and I became more conscious of changes in my sex drive throughout my cycle.

DC2 has resulted in periods every 6 weeks, the first couple of weeks I feel light and motivated and lose weight easily, the last couple of weeks I have constipation, bloating, I feel lethargic to the extent that I am drowsy and cold and I am paranoid and irritable.

It can't always have been like this or I'd have noticed, surely.

DecapitatedLegoman Thu 18-Aug-11 22:22:01

Anyone else?

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:26:06

Who has the time to notice with 2 children! ;)

MrsHoolie Thu 18-Aug-11 22:30:05

My cycle is a lot shorter now,they're still agony though sadly.

DecapitatedLegoman Thu 18-Aug-11 22:35:07

trying grin

This is it though - if I notice these days, when I can barely remember my own name let alone dress myself without something being insides out or back to front, then it must be really noticeable!

It all feels magnified and extreme. I've done 2 pregnancy tests in the past 48 hours because the tiredness and bloatyness is so bad it got me wondering.

create Thu 18-Aug-11 22:35:18

My period pain is much better since DCs. PMS practically disapeared for the first couple of years too, but by god over the last 2 years it's become ridiculous. I'm really not myself for 10 days every month. GP says that's because of my age (41) though, not having had DC and not to worry, I'll grow out of it eventually!

georgie22 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:41:09

decapitated - I've noticed changes in my cycle too since having dd. My periods seem heavier but shorter and I have little or no pain (previously got mild period pains). I'm getting PMS though which I never noticed previously and feel quite unhinged with it at times which I don't like! I've also noticed changes in my libido which dh is not complaining about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now