Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

possible endo

(7 Posts)
hardshipuntold Wed 17-Aug-11 16:09:21

have had the most agonising period pains for a few years now ever since ive come off the pill,so seen gp who sent me for a scan ,they had to do it internally and found nothing ,gp was looking for cysts or endo - does the endo show up on a scan ? ,what could be causing the pains
its not run of the mill period pains ,its conected with my bowels and bladder ,hurts to poo and pee,gp gave me mfeanemic acid and it did help,so what can i do when the results go back as clear ?

Madlizzy Wed 17-Aug-11 16:11:42

Endo doesn't show on a scan properly. It can only be properly diagnosed by having a laparoscopy. A very good website is www.endometriosis-uk.org/index.html. They have an online community to talk to. They were brilliant when I was suffering with endo.

hardshipuntold Wed 17-Aug-11 16:15:56

do my symptoms sound familiar at all

Madlizzy Wed 17-Aug-11 16:43:36

Yes they do. I found emptying my bowels agonising. I've had helica laser treatment on mine and given a Mirena coil to keep it away, which is has done for over 7 years now. Have a mooch at the endo site, definitely worth it.

hardshipuntold Thu 18-Aug-11 05:27:49

it wouldnt let me click on the link you gave but i have looked it up interesting stuff many thanks

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 18-Aug-11 07:50:36

Endometriosis does not show up on any ultrasound scan and all your symptoms do seem very indicative of endometriosis being present (it can cause havoc with the bowels as endo can get onto the intestines). GP should be referring you to a consultant gynaecologist rather than muck you about.

www.endo.org.uk is a good UK based website.

You will need to be persistant in order to get answers. Do not get fobbed off.

hardshipuntold Thu 18-Aug-11 17:59:14

thanks im determined to be sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now