Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema under watchstrap - what have you tried?

(9 Posts)
DrKnowNothing Tue 16-Aug-11 12:57:44

I'm looking for a watch(strap) that dosen't irritate my eczema as I can't wear a watch anymore. It's not the nickel in the buckle, and changing straps, albeit to other leather ones, hasn't helped. Don't want to spend loads trying lots of other types, any suggestions on what to buy?

DH suggested a lapel one like nurses wear. I am not a nurse and would look like a loon sat on the sofa with my 'watch' on.

bran Tue 16-Aug-11 13:01:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrKnowNothing Tue 16-Aug-11 13:18:58

Thanks bran

I do have a mobile on me mostly but I'm a bit of a time obsessive and need to check it almost constantly.

Perhaps not being able to check contantly will be a good thing confused

bran Tue 16-Aug-11 13:33:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrKnowNothing Tue 16-Aug-11 14:12:23

I think I'll give the bangle a go bran as oddly, is not the metal thats a problem smile

CMOTdibbler Tue 16-Aug-11 15:22:52

I've got a rubbery Breo bangle watch which is quite narrow, so theres no issue of trapping sweat or whatever under it.

Have you thought about whether you might be allergic to something in the leather ? I know someone who is allergic to a chemical used in tanning, and she had a reaction under her watch, then to her leather shoes when she didn't wear socks/tights in the summer

oldraver Thu 18-Aug-11 13:31:44

Couldnt you get a necklace type one on a long chain, like this

Some of the designs on Amazon were a bit naff but I'm sure there is something out there

nightcat Thu 18-Aug-11 19:14:53

when my ds couldnt wear a watch, I got us a few that clip like a key ring
key ring watches

pamplemousserose Thu 18-Aug-11 19:20:13

I have a solid silver watch and have not suffered from watch ezcema since. Not as expensive as you'd think. Wearing your watch loose helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now